Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Grandparents Visit

My mom and stepdad were here visiting since Sunday. I took them to the airport this morning. It's a combination of sadness and relief, but mostly relief. I love them, but more than 3 or 4 days would be overkill. We had a great time with them. The Princess loved it and they loved her. I was pissed before they got here because my stepdad kept saying "We're following you" meaning we expect you to make all the plans and we won't even give you a hint of what we'd be interested in doing. So, here is what we did:

Sunday: Pick them up in San Pedro after they get off the ship from which they just cruised. Go to hotel, check-in, go to Old Town and eat and then back to their hotel for swimming (The Princess' new favorite activity).

Monday: Aquarium of the Pacific plus Harbor Cruise in Long Beach. Got back and ate fish tacos at Rubios then part ways and go home and drink lots of wine.

Tuesday: Griffith Park Observatory, lunch at Noodle World, back to hotel for sunning and swimming. Go home and drink lots of wine.

Wednesday: Take The Princess to school, pick them and luggage up at hotel. Breakfast at Marsten's. Airport drop-off (where my mom slips me a $100~Thanks Mom!). Check engine light comes on in car on the way to the airport, which I don't mention, drive to dealer when I get back. Sitting home on computer hoping it is something EXTREMELY minor.

Last but not least, Hubby and parents never see each other...Ugh/Hooray

No comments: